First of all you should know what GIFs means, GIF stands for graphic interchange format. It is not a new format it is there from 1987, one of the most used format of that time. Today these gif’s are ruling Social media platforms, according to reports over 20 million gifs are shared each day on Tumblr, while facebook messenger has over 5 million each day.
Some people call it animated graphic or short video as they show some movements in the image, kind of fast slideshow. The biggest advantage of gif is that is good for all the platforms and for all types of business. You can use different things to show off through gif like...
- A product: You can show your product in motion through gif, for e.g., you can show a dress from different angles or a Smartphone.
- Quickly explain a process: You can explain a short process through gif images, you can use motion to show the process like wearing a tie or tying your hair.
- Greetings: You can wish someone on special occasions through gifs or thank someone through gif.
- Tell a story: You can tell a short story through gif; do you remember the popular thirsty crow story? You can find it in gif format on many social platforms.
- Sneap peak: Teasing your views or customers before some big launch is one of the most popular marketing strategy, you can do that by creating gif for e.g. show off sneak peak of an upcoming Smartphone or sneak peak of a popular tv shows upcoming season.